New
Find
Notify
Tools
morbark
 Login/Join 
<mburke>
posted
Are the Morbark model 290 and the Eager Beaver 290 the same machine ? How do you rate this machine to its competitors Brush Bandit, Vermeer etc..

Report This Post
<John sirbasku>
posted
Reply to post by mburke, on April 10, 2001 at 22:20:59:

I dont know if those 2 models are the same, but I own a 2090d (9" model) with a ford industrial 4 cyl. I have used Bandits, Vermeers, and Morbarks, I have always prefered the morbarks. To me they just make a better chipper, more well thought out i suppose. I do not care for Vermeer chippers at all, everyone I have used has had some sort of problem. Bandit chippers are good machines, but a little under built maybe?
Just my personal opinion, they all make decent machines but I have always prefered the Morbarks.
The type and volume of work you expect the machine to do, is probably the main thing you should consider before purchasing. Also consider warranty and parts /service availabilty

Report This Post
<John Paul Sanborn>
posted
Reply to post by John Sirbasku, on April 10, 2001 at 22:20:59:

I agree with John, and the Bandit warrenty I read voided with mechanical loading.

I would also be leary of skid loading a Bandit, the guage of steel is not up to it. Ther gates are piano hinge.

Also i had bad service from Bandit relationg to matal fatigue.

If bandit is under built, Mobark is over built. I've gone all day (10hrs) skid loading a Tornado with a 'bota engine.

Report This Post
<Darin Johnson>
posted
Reply to post by mburke, on April 10, 2001 at 22:20:59:

Agreed, there is nothing like a Morbark. You wont regret it.

Report This Post