New
Find
Notify
Tools
Pants
 Login/Join 
<Peter Wright>
posted
Would somebody please give me some feedback on the quality and comfort of the Arborwear line of pants.

Report This Post
<John P Sanborn>
posted
Reply to post by Peter Wright, on February 22, 2001 at 19:34:48:

I've known several people that sell/sold Arborwear. They don't make them big enough for me so the info is second hand.

They are very comfortable and the warrenty is very good; no questions asked repalcement. I don't know the life of the warrenty though.

The only problem with them is that they have a QC problem in that the sizes are sometimes off oneway or the other and you may have to return them for exchange.

I was with a group that included the owners, for dinner at the Capitol Steakhouse in NC during the TCI Expo. Had a great time and the first time I saw a tab in the four figures for a party of twelve.

Report This Post
<Bill Weber>
posted
Reply to post by John P Sanborn, on February 22, 2001 at 19:34:48:

I'll try and give my unbiased feedback on the subject. As I am one of the owners I will try and not do a sell job on anyone for fear of sounding like a pushy car salesman.

Like all new products there is a learning curve. We had experienced lots of difficulties in our manufacturing through our initial years and therefore there was a great deal of variation in sizes not only from the same manufacturer but also because we had to mix batches.

We have drastically reduced the variations but as with anything handmade there will still be some variation. Our guarantee is a good one. If you don't like them give us a call and we'll do our best to make you happy.

As for sizes, we sell waist sizes 28-40 (even only) and inseam 30, 32 or 34.

One of the reasons we have been trying to sell the heck out of them is to pay for that one night in NC at the Capitol Grille. I guess you can chalk that one up to the learning curve as well.

Report This Post
<Jennifer McLean>
posted
Reply to post by Bill Weber, on February 23, 2001 at 21:29:04:

I met with the owners at the TCI Expo in North Carolina, they were very helpful and stand by their product I did try on a pair and I feel they would be great for climbing, I have a few climber buddies in the states that swear by them, and say once you start wearing them, you will never go back to jeans.

My problem is, here in Canada it is illegal to climb without chainsaw pants. Although I would love to own a pair, I could not wear them for work.

Report This Post
<Nickrosis>
posted
Reply to post by Jennifer McLean, on April 24, 2001 at 22:04:27:

They are GREAT pants! I would never climb without a pair on, unless it was 120 degrees, in which case, I would be in the customer's house sipping iced tea.

Everyone at my school climbs with them. If you don't have them, well... I love wearing them to classes, too. Then again, people were chainsaw pants to my school too - University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. Check out our website and enter your favorite climbing line in our survey/competition.

Nickrosis
Promotions Coordinator (can't you tell?)
UWSP-SSA

Report This Post