Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Climbers' Corner    Machard-tresse knot

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Machard-tresse knot
 Login/Join 
<Ross coburn>
posted
Can anyone help as i have managed to tie this knot with the micro pulley in the middle but is it only meant for branch walking and obtaining a 'fair lead'? as it does not seem to work as an ascending Knot. There is no rope below the knot that you can pull down on. Am i tieing it completely wrong. Please send pics would be most grateful.

Yours. Ross scratching my head in oxford.

Report This Post
<joe>
posted
Reply to post by Ross coburn, on July 18, 2002 at 13:00:21:

Browse this site.

http://community-2.webv.net/acutabove/AdvancedProgressive

It will help with your questions.

Joe

Report This Post
<Ross coburn>
posted
Reply to post by joe, on July 18, 2002 at 13:00:21:

Joe thanks for replying but i can't get into that website can u suggest any others.

Report This Post
<joe>
posted
Reply to post by Ross Coburn, on July 20, 2002 at 10:40:43:

http://community-2.webtv.net/acutabove/AdvancedProgressive

There was a typo in the address given. If this 1 doesn't get you into the web site, I'll e-mail it directly to you. Make sure your e-mail address is correct.

There's a lot of information at this site in the way of links along with the web site owners' own contributions through pictures.

Joe

Report This Post
<Ross coburn>
posted

Cheers mate, i got there in the end. I will try it out tommorrow.

Report This Post
<Wyllie>
posted

If this is Ross Cockburn in Oxford that I know you are probably tying your knots wrong if its not then sorry for any offence.

Report This Post