Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Climbers' Corner    are we still here?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
are we still here?
 Login/Join 
<jefflovstrom>
posted
Hi guys, are we still here?

Report This Post
<hap>
posted
yes, still here... just found this forum. hope to learn a few new things.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I take it this forum is not in regular useage.

Posts: 2 | Location: Bristol, UK | Registered: Thursday December 28, 2006Report This Post
RCA #354
BCMA #PD0008b
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well, since you asked...

The Knothole was one of the first online discussion forums for arborists, first appearing in 1997. As you can see from the archives, it was quite busy for a while. A few years ago traffic here dropped off a bit, due in large part to the advent of email list servers. Also, arborist web sites have proliferated in the past 5 years, spreading out the acivity among many sites. As a result, the traffic on The Knothole has dropped quite a bit. As my consulting practice has grown, I’ve personally had less time to devote to promoting the site, although I will maintain it here. So the result is that there is much less activity than there used to be, much less than I would like to see.

I greatly appreciate your participation here, and hope you will continue to drop by. I’d also like to ask that you invite others you know to visit here. Maybe we can make it more active again, with our combined efforts.

Thanks for being here. Have a safe and happy New Year.

--------------------
--
Russ Carlson, RCA, BCMA

Posts: 287 | Location: Bear, DE USA | Registered: Wednesday June 18, 2003Report This Post