Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Climbers' Corner    Schwabish Prusik knot

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Schwabish Prusik knot
 Login/Join 
<Lance>
posted
To any climber out there

I am trialing this knot to see how it performs. Is there any web pages or general info on this knot? How does it compare to the 'VT french Prusik'? If anyone can help me at recommending the best length of cord / type of cord which performs best i would also be appreciative.

Kind regards

Lance

Report This Post
<Keith Babberney>
posted
Reply to post by Lance, on July 13, 2001 at 03:28:29:

There's a pic of the schwabisch here:
http://community-2.webtv.net/@HH!29!FF!95A2266FBB8B/acutabovetree/RopesSplicingKnots/
It isn't a great one, but may help you get started. I've never tried it myself, so can't comment.

Keith

Report This Post
<craig webb>
posted
Reply to post by Keith Babberney, on July 13, 2001 at 03:28:29:

I have been climbing on the Schwabish for a couple of months now, (although I have called it a Distal), and found it to be excellent for ascending and descending.
I see now that there is a difference between a distal, I must try it out.

Report This Post
<fred>
posted
Reply to post by Lance, on July 13, 2001 at 03:28:29:

I've been using it for about a month, and it's a great split tail. Sherril catalogue has a good illustration, and also provides a good one, with eye splices on each end. Down side:
it wears pretty quickly, and costs alot more than making your own traditional split tails.

Report This Post
<nick araya WI climber>
posted
Reply to post by craig webb, on July 13, 2001 at 18:38:51:

There seems to be some confusion as to the difference between the distal and the schwabish. Maybe this will help:

On the Schwabish, both ends (both eyes) are pointing in the same direction. In the distal, they point in opposite directions. SCHWABISH SAME DISTAL DIFFERENT.

I personally prefer the schwabish. I've been using it for about a year now. Sometime it slips, but i just give it a squeeze and it hold like a (fun analogy here).

climb safe

love
nick

Report This Post