Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Climbers' Corner    Brush Banditt Dealer Problems How about you

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Brush Banditt Dealer Problems How about you
 Login/Join 
<Stewart Millar>
posted
Imagine a $30,000 brush banditt chipper with 130 Hrs. is now only worth $11,000. They don't want to take a trade in on there own product. When it was purchased they must have inflated the price greatly. If you are to consider a purchase ask if they take there own units back in trade in or if they will sell yours latter on commission, if they say no Buy something else. Brush bandit wants you to buy new and get lost.

Report This Post
<John P Sanborn>
posted
Reply to post by Stewart Millar, on March 29, 2001 at 23:42:49:

When I was running the local Chemlawn branches prunning, I had a big problem with metal fatigue. They said it was out of warrenty and was not their problem.

At TCI I ran into their sales staff at the Capitol Grill. They took some notes and said they were going to contact that branch but never did.

I don't think I'll ever buy a Bandit again. There are enough coparable and better makes out there that I don't have to deal with there arogance.

Now if someone would make a replacement for the 020T (Husky aint good enough to me)

Report This Post
<Reed Holt>
posted
Reply to post by John P Sanborn, on March 29, 2001 at 23:42:49:

John,
what's wrong with the 020T???

Reed

Report This Post
<JPS>
posted
Reply to post by Reed Holt, on April 01, 2001 at 10:25:39:

Oh $450... It is the best climbing saw out there. It just hurts to buy one, and there is nothing to replace it on the market.

Report This Post
<Eric Shaub>
posted
Reply to post by JPS, on April 24, 2001 at 15:52:37:

020T is the best climbing saw on the market, that is the reason for the price tag.
As the old saying goes; "you get what you pay for!"

Report This Post
<Keith Norton>
posted
Reply to post by Stewart Millar, on March 29, 2001 at 23:42:49:

I bought a '98 250XP in May '98.It's on it's third set of tires,they cup something awful.Dealer said it's because Bandit puts Korean tires on them,but I've tried other brands and they do the same thing.I had the upper feed wheel motor fail 3 times in 3 weeks($500. a whack),Bandit covered the last one.Three hydraulic pumps in 3 years($900.+ installed)Bandit covered the last one.When they were putting on I saw a newer 250XP in the trade in line with a boat load of new hydraulic parts on it.Now we're having hydraulic hoses failing weekly.About 1400 hrs on the machine.Great machine when it works right.The winch was the best option I got on it!...They did offer me $20,000. for it on trade towards a new 254XP.Bandits parts availability has been fantastic though compared to Morbarks.Thinking about an 1800 Vermeer.I don't like the fact that Vermeer won't put a winch on it if you get the 175HP engine,they told me it puts it over weght on the axle...Which makes me think it's underbuilt.

Report This Post