New
Find
Notify
Tools
asthma
 Login/Join 
posted
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080430201651.htm

The above link is about how urban areas with trees have a lower incidence of child asthma. I think that suburbs with lots of trees usually equates to people with lots of money, who have better health. More trees is good for the career, but I am a bit of a stickler for the truth. Anyone got an opinion?

Posts: 56 | Location: Auckland, NZ | Registered: Monday March 28, 2005Report This Post
RCA #354
BCMA #PD0008b
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Some things to think about...

Urban areas usually have fewer trees, and also higher temperatures, more particulates and chemicals in the air.

Suburban areas with more vegetation help to filter a lot of the bad stuff out, although they also introduce more seasonal pollen.

Does the level of health care affect allegies? That's an inherent characteristic, I think, and not so much dependent on health care. You have an allergy or you don't. Better care helps to manage the allergy to relieve (or simply mask) the symptoms.

--------------------
--
Russ Carlson, RCA, BCMA

Posts: 287 | Location: Bear, DE USA | Registered: Wednesday June 18, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Certainly is a complicated subject. Trees probably have more of a positive affect on a persons psychology than their other biological functions. The brain is linked to health more than some would think. I am sure cavemen did not sneeze like we do.

Posts: 56 | Location: Auckland, NZ | Registered: Monday March 28, 2005Report This Post