Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  General Arboriculture    Tree Growth Regulators

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Tree Growth Regulators
 Login/Join 
<OJ>
posted
I'm interested in learning from Certified Arborists their experience with using the TGR Cambistat (a.i.paclobutrazol). Findings such as but not limited to: soil drench vs soil injection, results noted thus far from using the TGR, type of clients found most likely to try TGR, any problems with the application (amount of Cambistat) guidelines for specific trees. Thanks.

Report This Post
<Bill>
posted
Contact Rainbow Tree Experts in Michigan. The president's name is Tom Prosser. They have the rights to the trademark Cambistat and will gladly provide you with all the information you need including a CD and mixing ratios for diferent species, etc.

Report This Post
<OJ>
posted
Thanks Bill. Your correct,I've been in contact with Rainbow and they have been very helpful. What I'm looking for is experience in the field by arborists using Cambistat, or other TGR's. I know Cambistat has not been on the market that long but the use of TGR's has been around for some time.

Report This Post
<James M. Scarlata>
posted
Tree growth regulators were in use by utility, agricutlture and nursery industries long before they became popular for ornamental arboriculture. Try checking with people in those industries.

James M. Scarlata
Manistee, MI

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
James,
Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Monday October 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
ISA is offering a workshop at 3 locations in Texas at the end of February (Austin, Conroe, and Irving). Workshop is entitled "Using Growth Regulators as Tree Preservation Tools." Reply to this post if you want more info. I have no experience with Cambistat, can't help you there.

Posts: 3 | Location: Lakeway TX USA | Registered: Tuesday February 03, 2004Report This Post