Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Ethics in Arboriculture    Back cover add on TCI

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Back cover add on TCI
 Login/Join 
<JPS>
posted
It seems wrong to me that they let that get by. Or is handeling concentrated pesticides in shorts and T-shirt OK by arbotech label, Ive never used it?

Report This Post
<Russ Carlson>
posted
Reply to post by jps, on March 27, 2000 at 21:14:38:

Interestingly, the label for Arbotech does not state any personal protective clothing. It only provides cautions for exposure, which state "Wash with plenty of water."

The MSDS goes farther. Under Exposure Controls/Personal Protection, it states, "Skin contact: To avoid skin contact, wear rubber gloves, rubber boots, long-sleeved shirt, long pants and a head covering." Also in that section, "Applicators/ Handlers: Please refer to the product label for personal protective clothing/equipment."

Having used the stuff, the exposure risk is usually rather low, since it is a low pressure system, not sprayed out with drift. I still wouldn't recommend shorts/tee, and gloves and safety glasses should be required.

Report This Post
<Tom Dunlap>
posted
Reply to post by Russ Carlson, on March 27, 2000 at 21:14:38:

I know many of the people at Rainbow Treecare so I sent an email asking if they had a comment on your postings. This is what I got back:

I have no comment about the remark.

Arbotect is not a dangerous compound. All of our crews that do this type
of work usually wear shorts during the hot part of the summer.

Tom

Tom Prosser
Rainbow Treecare Scientific Advancements
2239 Edgewood Ave S
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
612-252-0560
Fax 612-252-4720
e-mail tprosser@rainbowtreecare.com
Web Page - rainbowtreecare.com

Report This Post
<Carl Absher>
posted
Reply to post by Tom Dunlap, on March 29, 2000 at 22:39:13:

You may want to check out the MSDS on Arbortect 20-S. It may be somewhat innocuous relative to some of the insecticides used in injections,but the manufacturer still recommends eye and skin protection for the users.

http://novloc.interpath.net/products/specialty/Arbotect.shtml

Carl Absher

Report This Post