Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Insects & Disease    Armillatox

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Armillatox
 Login/Join 
<Guy>
posted
Out of the overwhelming torrent of responses I received about fighting Armillaria, I learned of a product called Armillatox. Plant-derived phenols etc to be used as a butt drench (doesn't that sound lovely?) on trees to boost their ability to fight off Armillaria etc.
Problem is it's made in the UK, and shipping one jug is kind of steep.
Anyone willing to go in on a small quantity to use on fungus-attacked trees? Or does everyone else think Husqvarna has the only solution to fungi?
Signed, A Fun Guy

Report This Post
<Wulkowicz>
posted
Reply to post by Guy, on January 15, 2002 at 08:16:03:

Hey, I just got it. Fun guy.

----------

Bob ("He certainly takes a long time to make his pointless.") Wulkowicz

Report This Post
<James Causton>
posted
Reply to post by Guy, on January 15, 2002 at 08:16:03:

Hey Guy, hold on, slow down!!!!! I am not sure that "Armillatox" ever has been approved for use in the U.S. It can be imported but I believe it's use is restricted to research. At one time I had 30 gals. of it here, then my shop burned down. The product was widely used and very successfully so in many situations in England. I believe there were also some trials using it on "Hypoxylon", though I cannot find reference to that. Have you checked out the work being done here in the U.S. by Dr Olaf Ribiero, using ecto-mycorrhizae???

James.

Report This Post
<Fungus Fighter not Fungi but a Fun Guy>
posted
Reply to post by Wulkowicz, on January 15, 2002 at 08:16:03:

Bob, glad to know you're getting up to speed. It's never too late to catch a second wind!

James, OK, I'll slow it down. Thanks for the caution re approval; I do not want to violate any regulations. I would be using it in conjunction with a current university study I am personally involved with. Sounds like I may have to set up a far-ranging research project to use the stuff in a large enough population to get compelling results. That can't be too hard if things are phrased appropriately. (?)
And that might mean it couldn't be used in the course of a profit-making enterprise. (which actually excludes my company, but we won't go there!)
Oh, Goody, another opportunity to work for free!

It'd be great to hear what experience you've had with that product. Anecdotal is fine, but of course dates doses and other descriptive data and details do have more academic use. Either here, or off-forum for those who may have unknowingly unintentionally and innocently bent a federal regulation in their past. It is hard to keep track of them all sometimes.

Not Fungi but a Fun Guy

Report This Post
<Ernest Parkin>
posted
I have used Armillatox successfully to cure honey fungus on both Apple and Quince trees.One apple tree which had 'died' still had a live shoot left when the stump was pushed over and removed. The whole area was treated with Armillatox and that shoot is now producing excellent apples 5 years on.I had a similar experience with a quince tree which is only alive by virtue of growth down half the tree;the rotted area around the stump was cut away and Armillatox used to swamp the but area. It is now producing fine quinces again.

Report This Post