Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Insects & Disease    Japanese Maple leaf damage at ends

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Japanese Maple leaf damage at ends
 Login/Join 
<Robert>
posted
Please can you tell me how to save a Japanese Red Maple tree, zone 9, in Lake Charles, LA. It has been hot but I water every day and the leaves are curling and beginning to die..I've had similar prolems with them in the past. It is planted in partial sun all day but is exposed to afternoon sun which comes over the fence. Should I treat with iron? I want to save this lovely, and expensive tree. The leaves were red when I first bought it, but they have since turned green. The leaves are now brittle, but the truck is still green. very sincerely, robert.

Report This Post
<JPS>
posted
Reply to post by Robert, on July 22, 2000 at 11:36:23:

Do you check the souil moisture prior to watering? overwatering causes similar symptoms as drought stress.

Report This Post
<Lydia Rich>
posted
Reply to post by Robert, on July 22, 2000 at 11:36:23:

I have two small Japonese maples. The leaves have many small yellow/white spots. I water them every other day and I also spray them sometimes with a sevin and water solution.I feed them with Miracle Grow. What must I do to save them. They are beautiful trees. I live in Northwest Pennsylvania Thank you

Report This Post
<Rose Kline>
posted
I have a fairly large Japanese maple. Recently we had a late frost and I thought it was hit by frost. but actually it looks as though half the tree is dying. I have never given it any special attention, the tree was here when we bought the house 10 years ago. It looks as though there are dry spots on the leaves that are there. Some of the leaves are all dry and dead. But I noticed today new growth.Half the tree is being affected. Please help.

Report This Post