Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Insects & Disease    Maple Transplant-Desperate for answers

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Maple Transplant-Desperate for answers
 Login/Join 
<kathysmith30>
posted
When we purchased our new home there were no trees on the lot. Three years ago we purchased a small silver maple from Lowe's and planted it in the back yard. The tree has grown lovely for the three years but because we are now having an inground pool installed the tree had to be moved. Rather than just doze out the tree I asked my husband to move it to the front yard.
Two days ago my husband dug up the tree and we moved it to the front yard into a hole he had predug twice as large as the original hole. We used some of the original soil to refill along with Miracle Grow Soil for trees/shrubs. I watered it in very well and mulched over the top of that. The nursery suggested that we use root stimulator so I purchased a sprayer bottle type and sprayed on the surface level not directly onto the roots for fear of burning them. We also purchased a slow release tree fertilizer type stakes and placed those about 4 feet out from the root base. Right now the tree looks miserable and I am feeling so distraught thinking we killed this tree. The leaves have all wilted up and don't show any signs of reviving. Now I know this may sound silly but I have been up the last two nights crying over the tree and in the morning I go out to the tree and pray for the Lord to save my tree. Like I said the leaves are wilted and are dry like fine crepe paper to the touch but they have not fallen off the tree. Have we killed this beautiful tree? If not what do we do now to help assure that it makes it? Please advise as I can't take another sleepless night and my husband is getting pretty tired of me crying for my tree! I will do whatever is necessary to do my best to save this tree.

Report This Post