Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Insects & Disease    River Birch - yellowish leaves and dropping

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
River Birch - yellowish leaves and dropping
 Login/Join 
<RAP - Southern MN>
posted
We have many mature River Birch trees with a few that are younger. One of the younger trees' leaves are sparse and much more yellow than the green color of the other trees. These leaves are falling already. The bark and trunk of the tree appear fine. We are concerned that the tree is dying and that this is something that could spread to many surrounding mature River Birch. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Thanks from MN

Report This Post
<Larry>
posted
Have you been watering the tree?

Report This Post
<Jeff>
posted
I have 3 river birches with the same problem the last 2 years.The local nursery told my to apply spray iron (fertilome). That seems to help temporarily. But the problem returns. It is only July and I have lost a good deal of yellow leaves already. There is no indication of insects. What is the problem?

Report This Post
<Woodsie>
posted
We have a mature river birch with many yellow leaves surrounding it on the ground...and a powdery bit of sawdust at the tree line. I was told that it may be carpenter ants, and we'll definitely be checking this out further. Good luck to us all!

Report This Post