Hello I am writing because back in the first half of May this year, something fell into my hair from a tree on my street when I was carrying groceries home late at night. I would usually shake anything out that fell in but my hair was tied back and I had alot of groceries so I thought I'd do it when I got into my house which was only a couple houses down. But even before I got into my house I fell some movement in my hair. I was very panicky and cut my finger when I tried to cut off a price tag from my bath sponge and so couldn't take a shower that night. I did the next night but by then it had already spread far along my body. I am not sure what kind of tree it was since it was late at night. I think that it might have been a Bradford Pear, or Ash or something that has small oval dark green leaves that are pointed at the end like these two species of trees. Or it may have been from a tree with leaves that were in an upside down tear-drop shape, with the widest part hanging farthest from the branch. The leaves of the tear-drop shaped tree were medium green and slightly rough with jagged edges and and were about 6-7 inches long and 3-4" wide at it's widest point. The two trees that I recently examined with my eyes which are across from my house approximately where this happened looked like either the earlier described ash or bradford pear or the latter described upside down tear drop shaped leaf. This parasite or mold or fungus from what I collected off my sheets and clothes look like small white spools of lint or thread or can rather be described as a very small portion of a tissue. I have also seen very small white balls floating that I thought were possibly spores but they were so small that I couldn't collect them and they went off flying into the air when I tried to. I finally went to a dematologist after a friend suggested to to try to resolve this. She prescribed me a fungul shampoo for my scalp since she saw that there was alot of flaking and performed a skin scraping for a fungul culture, but nothing came back from the culture and it has been over a month. Also the fungul shampoo did not seem to help. I have noticed that antibacterial body wash has helped some on my body and hair. My symptoms include feeling small movements over different parts of my body constantly, and do seem to be worst in the dark. These movements are itchy sometimes, and whatever this is seems to be more active in areas it can hide like in hair. If there is any advice that you could give me such as the names of parasites or molds that infect the trees above around May this would be of great help. Silver Maples and a few Oak trees also grow on my street. If there are any medical resources such as websites like these where you could post questions to people who deal with parasites or insects which are harmful to humans from trees that you know of or e-mail addresses of people that I could ask these medical questions to please tell me. I live alone and so I do not no of anyone who may have been infected at all by this and don't think that I have infected anybody seriously but I have noticed people scratching themselves and seeming more itchy sometimes if they are next to me in the library but hopefully if they shower regularly it won't affect them I am praying. I also noticed alot of birds, I think sparrows, in an Oak tree nesting there, and there was alot of feathers and other small mass floating down in the air below the tree. Do you think that a bird or other animal or insect may have deposited a stool down that may have contained parasites? I know that this may be a very weird topic to respond to but please give me any advice, sources, links, people to contact, and any information that you could give me. Thank you.
Reply to post by Mark Goodwin, on September 11, 2001 at 19:29:50:
I have been cut while working in trees innumerable occations. The worst I have had are the usual localized infections and maybe cellulitis.
Fungal problems I have heard of involve breathing large amounts of dust from deadwood being chipped, or dirty foam ear plugs.
My non medical opinion is a recation to an insect or something as Mark opined, exasebated by angsiety. I got a possible spider bite this summer that made the back of my thigh swell. And I got big thighs! It took around two weeks to completly go away.
Originally posted by john doe: Reply to post by Kaye, on September 11, 2001 at 19:29:50:<br /><br /> I think I have the same condition, so can you please email me with any information you found out and any treatment that you know of. Thank you