Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Tools & Techniques    Bandit Chipper Not Working, Please Help

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Bandit Chipper Not Working, Please Help
 Login/Join 
posted
Hi there, I'm not very mechanically minded so wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what might be wrong.

The chipper had been running constantly for a number of hours chipping conifer, it then suddenly struggled and died half way through a small branch. The ignition from then was completely unresponsive, no lights nothing. We then bypassed the starter and it would begin to idle then die again. It has been the same since. I've not had the chipper long, and its my first so it might be something I've not done. Obviously fuel and oil are ok. I haven't greased it yet, the hydraulic oil is about 5/8 full even though 7/8 is reccommended. Could it simply need a new battery??alternater?

Posts: 3 | Location: Buckinghamshire, UK | Registered: Thursday January 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kye,

Since you haven't had the chipper long have you contacted the manufacturer for help?

Newt

--------------------
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Posts: 42 | Location: Maryland zone 7 | Registered: Friday May 06, 2005Report This Post