Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Tools & Techniques    push cart sprayer

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
push cart sprayer
 Login/Join 
<Chris Plunkett>
posted
I'm looking to invest in a cart mounted sprayer for use on shrubs and small trees (<20'). It must be battery powered, hold around 25 gallons, and hopefully cost less than $1000. If anyone can recommend a model that they have had a good experience with I'd appreciate the advice.

Report This Post
<Scott>
posted
Reply to post by Chris Plunkett, on February 11, 2003 at 18:07:48:

Forestry Suppliers has some 12v sprayers in this size range. But none in a "push cart." I'd have a few concerns about the setup you describe. 25gals. weighs 200lbs. Add the weight of tank, pump and a cart and wheels that can handle it and say it's 220. A car battery weighs another 20 or 30. A smaller battery might not run the length of your work day. Heck the car battery might not. The units of this size I've seen are set up to mount on or be pulled by an ATV or garden tractor with the 12v supplied by the gas engine. Pushing around 250lbs is OK on flat, firm ground. But hills, steps, bumps, mud, wet grass will all be a problem.

If you can tolerate the noise a back pack mist blower with gas engine might be better. If noise is the issue maybe a hand pumped back pack sprayer. Either can be quickly refilled from a nurse tank back at the roadway. Or maybe a 12v sprayer run off a nice quiet pick-up truck and hose long enough to reach your plants.

Report This Post