Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Tree & Landscape Valuation    Construction and Value natural stands

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Construction and Value natural stands
 Login/Join 
<Gerry Kuta>
posted
I was wondering if anyone could provide some advise and direction relative to what other municipal jurisdictions charge (financially) when a lot of ‘natural stand’ trees are removed, from within public property, to facilitate construction projects. How successful have you been in quashing projects to save trees and, if trees were sacrificed, in collecting I.S.A. appraised value for the loss.

I am with a municipal government Urban Forestry Branch. I am putting together a better policy when the City itself, as well as private developers, intend to destroy ‘parkland’ trees. We collect I.S.A. appraised value, from auto insurance providers, for trees after being destroyed by misguided vehicles, but the construction scenario is a tougher sell because it is usually inter-departmental.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Report This Post