Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Tree & Landscape Valuation    290,955 Judgement

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
290,955 Judgement
 Login/Join 
<James Causton>
posted
A judge recently ordered that 2 men who cut down 7 old growth cedar trees in Olympic National Forest must pay $290,955 in restitution. The award was arrived at using the TFM. In addition, one of the guys got 3 months and the other one 4 months in jail. Good to see that TFM is holding up.

James.

Report This Post
<treeguy>
posted
Reply to post by James Causton, on September 23, 2002 at 22:17:20:

And as soon as they're out of the pokey they'll write the check, right?

Seriously, it is good to hear of TFM holding up. Please update on any appeals/adjustments. They're never reported on as loudly as the initial judgments.

Report This Post
<nytreelover>
posted
Hi could you please give the case name or where I can read the case details plz email the link if possible
bhawani.singh@parks.nyc.gov

Report This Post
<JimC WA.>
posted
Hi, I wasn't involved in this case personally and the only reference I have is from the media. The USFS has their own timber theft department you could probably get all the information you need from them. I am pretty sure that the theft occurred in Grays Harbor County in WA State,

Good Luck, James Causton.

Report This Post