Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Tree & Landscape Valuation    Pecan tree hit by lightning

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Pecan tree hit by lightning
 Login/Join 
posted
Hi, I have a large Pecan Tree right outside my house in a New Orleans residential area. It was hit by lightning yesterday, and a crack runs the entire lenght of the trunk from top to bottom. I already contacted an arborist to asses the damage (hopefully I can save it as I love this tree!). However, my insurance company is using a "tree calculator" to determine the value of my possible claim. My question to this forum is, should I trust the insurance company's method of assigning value sight unseen, or should I get a professional appraisal?

Hopefully I will get a timely answer, as this seems to be a slow moving forum.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Tuesday June 07, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I would ask the arborist you have contacted to also do an appraisal of the tree, as it sounds like the damage to the tree may warrent removal depending on the trees location.

Posts: 3 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: Monday April 25, 2005Report This Post