Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Tree & Landscape Valuation    Tree Valuation & Property Values

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Tree Valuation & Property Values
 Login/Join 
posted
hi, I'm a Real Estate student studying in Singapore, and am researching how tree valuation affects property values. FYI, tree valuation is still somewhat foreign in Singapore, as it has yet to be introduced and implemented.

anyway, i have quite a number of questions regarding this issue, i wonder if anyone would be kind enough to give me some feedback...

for example, how was tree valuation introduced? it couldn't have been overnight, right? was it a step merely to preserve rare species, or does it apply to all trees? with regards to the value, is it in monetary terms? isn't it very subjective?

back to my research topic, i would really appreciate it if someone would also give me his/her opinion.

thanks! Smile

Posts: 3 | Registered: Tuesday August 12, 2003Report This Post
<Scott>
posted
That is a huge topic.

Start by looking at the tree valuation thread here on the Knothole.

Look at the May issue of Journal of ARboriculture. Go to links here and select ISA.

Log onto the ISA discussion group too. There was just a thread started in the Municipal Arboriculture forum.

Are you a notive of Singapore? I ask becasue there may be a two day tree valuation seminar in the UK in October. Expensive as a special trip. Maybe not if you happenned to be in UK on holiday.

After you look at those initial cources maybe you can post specific questions.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Scott.
really appreciate your advice.
i did go through some of the threads here at the Knothole & found some interesting discussions. Smile thanks

posted Hide Post
Scott,
are you the one who wrote the articles on tree appraisal?
do you know where i can find your article on "Tree Appraisal: what are the differences between appraisal and valuation?"
I noticed it was on your literature cited list, and i am very interested to read it.. thanks

<Scott>
posted
Email me @dscottcul@att.net I will e-mail back with the textof that article. It is a few years old and since then I've discoverd some additional source which I will include if I locate them in the pile of stuff. I'll also include a link to the new International Valuation Standard for real estate appriasla.

Report This Post