Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  ASCA Discussion Group Archives    fractometer readings

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
fractometer readings
 Login/Join

<gavin donaldson>
posted
greetings from kiwi arborist just discovered this excellent site.have urgent need of 'sound' wood fracto.readings for Cuppressus macrocarpa to compare with results obtained from clients's tree. No local data available, have begun to compile some myself but tis early days yet and have insufficient to draw conclusions.can any one refer me to sources for species readings beyond Mattheck's very limited list in 'The body lang.if trees' 1994. please help.

Report This Post
<Jim Clark>
posted
Reply to post by gavin donaldson, on March 12, 2000 at 22:49:40:

Gavin...See the Journal of Arboriculture 25(1):18-23. 1999. Matheny et al. We were not able to obtain readings from Monterey cypress. The core broke as soon as the lever arm of the fractometer was placed on it. No reading was possible. If you need a copy of the article, let me know your address or fax number. Thanks. Best regards.
Jim Clark

Report This Post