Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Ask the Experts    Suffering Birch

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Suffering Birch
 Login/Join 
<Randy D>
posted
I have a {white} birch tree in my backyard. Recently ive noticed that the tree in infested with little 1/8 inch long bugs, the top of the tree is almost dead and they r working there way down. they are a brownish red in colour .

anyone please help..

Report This Post
RCA #354
BCMA #PD0008b
Administrator
posted Hide Post
There are several types of insects that fit your description, some harmful and so me not. They might not be related to the dieback.

I suggest that you contact a local International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist to check the tree and help you diagnose the real problem. Bronze Birch Borers are a common pest, and are seldom seen since they tunnel under the bark. They often cause dieback of branches or even the death of the trees. Go to www.isa-arbor.org to find a certified arborist in your area.

--------------------
--
Russ Carlson, RCA, BCMA

Posts: 287 | Location: Bear, DE USA | Registered: Wednesday June 18, 2003Report This Post