Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Ask the Experts    Imidacloprid trunk injection

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Imidacloprid trunk injection
 Login/Join 
<Sara>
posted
I need help designing an easy to use, disposable trunk injector. I am a student at Michigan State and we are injecting a labeled pesticide into Ash trees. I am currently using a length of tubing connected at one end to a plastic reducer that is placed into the trunk - this part works great, no leaks. The other end is attached to a syringe but I am having difficulty building up enough pressure to force the pesticide into the tree. Any ideas???

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
does the pesticide have to be in one mass dose? Is there a posibility of doing a gradual slow flow?

Posts: 5 | Registered: Monday April 24, 2006Report This Post
<Sara>
posted
We are only giving the trees a 3ml dose so the trees don't have to take up very much. I just can't get enough pressure built up to force the liquid in.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi. Bartlett Tree Experts lab has devloped a disposable micr injection unit. Maybe you could contact them

Posts: 4 | Location: Woodstown | Registered: Friday June 20, 2003Report This Post