Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Ask the Experts    tree falling

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
tree falling
 Login/Join 
<loanwolf>
posted
if a dead birch tree was to be back cut the tree is alredy toped just a stube and soft and the was 8 to 10" at the base and 6 to 8" at the top 16' long. when it fell and hit flat land about 80 dagrees from the ground about how much forse was there when it hit the ground or a mans head

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If it hits the ground afore it hit my ole pointy head it would probably exert about 90K pounds of force per square inch, being dad wood you say. you did not say ifn it wuz a paper or a yeller birch or what. Ifn it rained the night before there would be some moisture content to calculate.
Of course ifn it hit my ole pointy head afore it hit the flat ground it would only exert about 2/3 of that figured force cuz I'm 5foot 16 inches tall and the falling force would not be as far down as hittin flat land cuz i'm a kind a tall feller. What do you a figure bubba?

Posts: 22 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Sunday July 13, 2003Report This Post
<loanwolf>
posted
thanks for the responce it was a paper birch and it has been raining the past few days it did hit my head but i was in a dich and the dich was like 3 feet deep i am 5 foot 13 inches so i had like about 3 feet above the ground i hope that helps if u nead more info please let me know

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Okie dokie, one more time..you complicated matters by standing in that thar ditch and only having 3 feet and an inch above flat land and just over 12 feet of fall worth in final force descend upon thy head. And the tree wuz wet..uuummm MASS X Acceleration...change to metric table, figure force to gravity 9.2 and square and uummm...bubba, you got whacked with over 125 kilos of wet wood on your head.
Lucky it wuz wet and kind of made a sliding blow instead of a solid impact.
Get out of the ditch and go take an asprin and get back to us another day.

Posts: 22 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Sunday July 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Loanwolf, I hope you were in a bored mood whilst you pecked away at yonder keyboard and submitted your question which started this jestful conversation. I just got to thinking and wondering if you may have actually suffered more than a knot on your unsuspecting cranium and writing with a concussion while trying to deduct just what went wrong with your tree removal. If so, double up on the asprin and do tell us of the day you were on flat land downing a tree.
I'm just hanging around watching people pass my post by and not helping that ole treedude do something to stop all this tree hating in my neighborhood.I go before the community to give a workshop at the local auditorium in two days on proper pruning techniques and so I'm just hanging around...patiently waiting..ho-hum...
hi folks, don't mind me..I'm just waiting..la-da la-la da I've also got butterflies...

posted Hide Post
Darbo, I answered your question but you didn't say you needed the info for a presentation. If what I gave you isn't enough, lmk.

And anyone that is 5' 13" is really 6' 1".

Newt

--------------------
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Posts: 42 | Location: Maryland zone 7 | Registered: Friday May 06, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Newt, via Loanwolfs space, Thank you for the reply and a scary slideshow to take others to. It was a truly heartwrenching experience. Oh the humanity....
I had used search engines as you suggested but did not find what google offered and I may of found a chap who can assist me. Am awaiting a reply.
Did you know also that 5 foot 16 inches is 6'4"?

Hi Loanwolf!!!!!!!!!!
All this has given me a headache, can you spare an asprin?

posted Hide Post
Darbo, you are so very welcome!! Glad that slideshow was helpful.

Loanwolf, sorry we've hijacked your thread.

Newt

--------------------
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Posts: 42 | Location: Maryland zone 7 | Registered: Friday May 06, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Loanwolf, before we part ways and each undertake our journeys in life; I just got to ask as for educational reasons and because being such a shy person and all ....is a loanwolf like a loanshark and is the interest% rate thing the same? I mean, are you muscling in on the loansharks territory? Do you guys have the territory so many miles from the beach and into mountainside? Being a tree worker I know you got to be a rough hombre; I just can't picture this wolf thing working for you though. But if you were going out on your own you could probably change the name to Lonewolf and not get the sharks upset about copyright or playright infringement and stuff like that you know." LONEWOLF" Now that looks good! Put a little star up above it and a bolder font. LONEWOLF TREE SERVICE

Yea, that sounds good Bro, paint the trucks!
Take care and be safe.
When you have an idea, look at your other options and look at it from another angle and then look at it again before taking action...
Later David