Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Ask the Experts    limbs are dying

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
limbs are dying
 Login/Join 
posted
I have a 15 yr old weeping willow. Lat year I had it pruned and it was just beautiful when it grew back. This year a coupple of the brances died early and I have notice that now there are a couple of more starting to die. There is new growth on this tree and I haven't noticed bugs, bark falling off or anything. I did cover the roots that were above the ground with top soil but that was about 6 weeks ago. I don't know what to do with this tree but I don't want to loose it. Pleas help

Posts: 1 | Registered: Tuesday June 13, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If someone were to try and kill a weeping willow by pruning it and putting top soil on its roots, they would be lucky to succeed. To prevent future problems get a competent arborist/tree surgeon to pollard it every three years or so (watch what they do and do it yourself ha ha he he)*. Ask them not to cut off the pollard heads/knuckles and she should be as good as gold.....en weeping willow.
*don't go fallin' out a trees wiv severed body parts will ya???!!!^^**?!

Posts: 56 | Location: Auckland, NZ | Registered: Monday March 28, 2005Report This Post