Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Ask the Experts    How to find someone to prune cherry tree

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How to find someone to prune cherry tree
 Login/Join 
<miffed>
posted
I have a 15-year-old ornamental cherry tree that needs to be (heavily) pruned. It is a small job, but the tree is very important to me so I want it done carefully and correctly.

How can I find someone who does pruning for healthy cherry trees? All I can find are people who specialize in removing big dead or dangerous trees.

I live in Montgomery County, Maryland, and specific recommendations are also welcome.

Report This Post
RCA #354
BCMA #PD0008b
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure what you mean by needing to be ‘heavily’ pruned. Most trees will tolerate a certain amount of pruning, and too much can cause damage. Avoid topping, or cutting back the limbs to stubs or large cuts.

I strongly urge that you contact an ISA Certified Arborist to help. There should be plenty in Montgomery Co, MD. You can find certified arborists by going to the International Society of Arboriculture web site. Follow the links to Find a Certified Arborist, and look for your location. Certified Arborists have demonstrated that they have the knowledge to properly care for your tree.

Good luck with your cherry tree.

--------------------
--
Russ Carlson, RCA, BCMA

Posts: 287 | Location: Bear, DE USA | Registered: Wednesday June 18, 2003Report This Post