Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Ask the Experts    Maple leaves

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Maple leaves
 Login/Join 
<Ish>
posted
I have two maples in my backyard that every year
form black spots on the leaves. The trees appear to healthy otherwise but I would like to get rid of the black spots.. H E L P!!!!! My email is: ishosborne@comcast.net. Thanks ... Ish
P.S. I live in Battle Creek, Michigan

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not live in the usa but i do know a maple the Sycamore Acer pseudoplatanus gets something called tar spot. They all get it and it is of no consequence to the health of the tree. You can reduce the incidence of tar spot by raking up the leaves and disposing of them elsewhere as the fungus overwinters mainly in the leaf litter. Don't forget though that you are then breaking the trees nutrient cycle so you might want to mulch the root zone of the tree.

Posts: 56 | Location: Auckland, NZ | Registered: Monday March 28, 2005Report This Post