Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Ask the Experts    Arizona Cypresses slowly dying one at a time

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Arizona Cypresses slowly dying one at a time
 Login/Join 
posted
Hi... I live in Chaparral, NM (between El Paso TX and Las Cruses NM. I planted several Arizona Cypress in 1980 as a windbreak. Here lately a few of them in the front of the line are dying. I've lost two already and am about to loose two more. They slowly loose their leaves/needles till they are bare and dead. I've noticed that a lot of other people in my area are having the same problem. We had an exceptionally warm winter last year. Could this be what is causing it or is it mite or what? Thanks for any input.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Monday September 25, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
i can not tell with out seeing the trees if you had pics that would help out alot

Posts: 15 | Location: otterbein IN | Registered: Friday November 17, 2006Report This Post
RCA #354
BCMA #PD0008b
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A good diagnosis for this kind of thing is best done on site. Photos might help, but there may be hidden problems that only an inspection will show. I suggest you contact an arborist near you. Here are two places where you can look for arborists.

American Society of Consulting Arborists

International Society of Arboriculture

Good luck with your trees.

--------------------
--
Russ Carlson, RCA, BCMA

Posts: 287 | Location: Bear, DE USA | Registered: Wednesday June 18, 2003Report This Post