Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Arboricultural Literature    Welcome to ArbLit

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Welcome to ArbLit
 Login/Join 
<Russ Carlson>
posted
At the suggestion of Peter Torres, I opened this section for discussion and review of literature related to arboriculture.

When you come across an interesting ( or not so interesting) article in a trade magazine or journal, post a brief abstract and review. Tell us what it is about, the authors, and the reference data. Add you comments and thoughts on the subject. Start a new thread for each article, please.

Finally, please respect all copyrights. Give full credit and reference.

Report This Post
<Michele Mullen>
posted
I am inquiring to see if you could please inform me of some good books or magazine titles on arbor culture. I have been looking at the bookstores in my area, and find mostly info on landscaping or tree identification. I am interested in tech tree& stump removal, diseases, pruning,etc..Can you give any good advice...this is the first website I dove into to help in my search!??

Report This Post
RCA #354
BCMA #PD0008b
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Probably the most complete source for arboricultural information is the International Society of Arboriculture. They have an extensive catalog of publications, CDs, videos, etc., covering all aspects of arboriculture.

If you are new to the field, I strongly urge you to consider membership. ISA is fully international, with over 19,000 members worldwide, and chapters in many countries. If you are involved with caring for trees, you should be a member. The discount on publications and catalog orders will quickly pay for the membership dues.

--------------------
--
Russ Carlson, RCA, BCMA

Posts: 287 | Location: Bear, DE USA | Registered: Wednesday June 18, 2003Report This Post