Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  The CTLA Guide    Is anybody using it question mark

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is anybody using it question mark
 Login/Join 
<Scott Cullen>
posted
I've had occasion to use 9th Ed. for a couple of TFM appraisals and I've seen one RCM apprasial that appears to have used 9th Ed. (not cited but terminology is not 8th). Any observations or comments on 9th from actual application?

Report This Post
<Russ Carlson>
posted
Reply to post by Scott Cullen, on July 16, 2000 at 07:55:45:

I've started using 9th for my appraisal work, but still learning the terminology and applications. Too early to address the issue of acceptance, etc.

When you look closely, the differences are not so much in the application of the methods as in the emphasis, wording, etc. It's a big step forward, with many more to go.

Report This Post
<lewbloch>
posted
Reply to post by Russ Carlson, on July 16, 2000 at 07:55:45:

I have done several, or maybe more, appraisals with the 9th, and although I may be biased, think the improvements are great. I find it so much easier to follow the sample form for RCM and TF methods. A new field report form, with tablets of appraisal forms are in the works which will be of help as well.
lew

Report This Post