Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Trees & Law    Legal Rights for Dripping Pine Sap

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Legal Rights for Dripping Pine Sap
 Login/Join 
<Just a Sap>
posted
Our neighbor has a few giant pines unlike anything else in town. The tops are half brown and the trees have lost their majesty. Our driveway sits directly under them and pine sap drips on people and autos. What can I do? It is ruining my car and irritating my family and visitors? This is in New Jersey. Thanks.

Report This Post
<Guy>
posted
Reply to post by Just a Sap, on October 09, 2002 at 19:15:41:

Sounds like 2 levels of nuisance. The falling sap is one issue; messes up car paint etc.

Bigger nuisance is the disease that killed the tops and is causing the sap to ooze. What's brown now will soon fall; dented cars and maybe people. Tell your neighbor kindly that the once-beautiful trees seem diseased and dying and are taking away from your enjoyment of your property.

If they have them professionally diagnosed and act, problem is gone. If they'd rather stay in denial, you can get legal about it because it is legally a nuisance. Go to www.isa-arbor.com to find a local arborist or better yet www.asca-consultants to refer your neighbor to a professional.

Report This Post