Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Trees & Law    tree removal and lost value to private property

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
tree removal and lost value to private property
 Login/Join 
<Dave Hawkins>
posted
Can anyone direct me to previous legal cases involving the removal of municipal trees and the impact on abutting private property values?

Thanks in advanc for any help or advice

Dave Hawkins

Report This Post
<Russ Carlson>
posted
Reply to post by Dave Hawkins, on January 17, 2001 at 21:16:53:

I recommend Trees and the Law by Victor Merullo, available through ASCA or ISA, and the Tree Law Cases in the US by Lew Bloch. Both provide a lot of good references for cases.

Report This Post
<peg Byrnes>
posted
Reply to post by Russ Carlson, on January 17, 2001 at 21:16:53:

PSE&G Utility Co has denuded the trees on my property three months ago. Leaving the land covered with shredded wood,in which hides the stumps left raised above the ground creating a dangerious situation for anyone who might come across this open area of 150ft X 800FT on a dirt bike, quad or snowmobile. Scence that time I have been trying to envistergate the power of their easement which has been negelected for thirty years. They took down thirty year old tees deverstating the land and left it totally unexceptible to the eye. This is still priviate property,I have ordered Mr. Merullo's book but still have not received it. So I continue to investigate my options Please advise thanks for any help you may be able to offer. Peg Byrnes (9080850-4623

Report This Post