Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Trees & Law    Church Parking Lot Paving - Damage to Leyland Cypress Tree Row

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Church Parking Lot Paving - Damage to Leyland Cypress Tree Row
 Login/Join 
<J Deardorff>
posted
HELP! I have lived next door to a church for the past 10 years. I have a very nice row of Leyland Cypress Trees I planted on the property line 9-years ago to act as a fence and a green buffer from spotlights, signs and parking traffic. The church has decided to expand their parking and have now cut down all of the trees on their land & have come within 3-4 feet of my property line. The cutting and paving has cut into my leyland roots and a pecan tree on the property line. I'm afraid I will now lose all these trees. Do I have any recourse???? I live in Georgia.

Report This Post
<Guy>
posted
Reply to post by J Deardorff, on June 01, 2003 at 16:55:58:

First recourse is to improve the function of the roots that weren't damaged: mulch irrigate build soil light fert, etc. After 9 years they may be at optimum height for screen value; consider reducing their height to increase stability and reduce demand on roots.

A certified arborist on site can help you with all this. Legal recourse against a church that stayed 3-4' away from the line? Best to focus on keeping your trees alive.

Report This Post