Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Trees & Law    Fire Damage to trees

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Fire Damage to trees
 Login/Join 
<simone>
posted
Is there any info on how to assess fire damage to trees. Trees next to buildings that burn down, one side of tree scorched, need advice ?? or similar case senarios

Report This Post
<Russ Carlson>
posted
Reply to post by simone, on July 05, 2002 at 15:54:23:

first t hing is to find an arborist in your area. I suggest a member or Registered Consulting Arborist in the American Society of Consulting Arborists. The American Society of Consulting Arborists can recommend highly qualified arborists and consultants in your area. Their web site and database is at

http://www.asca-consultants.org

or contact the main office at

American Society of Consulting Arborists
15245 Shady Grove Road
Suite 130
Rockville, MD 20850
(301) 947-0483

Report This Post
<Guy>
posted
Reply to post by Russ Carlson, on July 05, 2002 at 15:54:23:

Fire damage is very hard to assess. I am appraising an acre of trees damaged by fire, using a mallet and a knife to determine bark damage. Some trees are definitely going to live, some will die. Each judgment involves many complex factors. Even with all the information in the trade available, I'm reduced to guesswork of the viability of several trees.

If you supply more details about your trees, we may have more to offer.

Report This Post