Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Trees & Law    Settling with neighbor

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Settling with neighbor
 Login/Join 
<Libby>
posted
I posted a question in "tree valuation" but realize it might be more appropriate here...

My VT neighbor just purchased his property and immediately began clear cutting his property to enhance his view. In the process, he cut 15-50' red oaks on a semi-wooded section of our property (plus several smaller trees). He states that he believed the trees were on his property, but we had the surveyor mark the boundaries, and there is no question that they are on ours.

We want to work with him to try to settle this amicably. Since we don't want to take this to court, I don't want to obsess over a precise appraisal. Is there some way we can "ballpark" an estimate of the trees' value?

Many thanks.

Report This Post
<tree312>
posted
find a consulting arborist or certified arborist in your are to assist in the appraisal

Report This Post