Tree Tech Consulting    The Knothole  Hop To Forum Categories  Trees & Law    damage to my trees

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
damage to my trees
 Login/Join 
<Claude Gregory>
posted
My neighbor in Hickory, NC cut and remove two huge trees from his property. The trees fell on to my property when they were cut and damaged two huge trees and numerous smaller trees. The service he was using went over to my property and cut the two damaged huge trees and removed them leaving ~1' stumps. Also, the debris of the smaller damaged trees.

Am I entitled to compensation for the damaged trees and can I request that the come back in and remove the stumps/roots?

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Claude --

When a neighbor cuts trees that then damages your property you have a cause of action (legal claim) against them and the service they used.

Talk to a NC attorney about the permission they should have sought before entering your property and the standard they should have used for removal. You might not want that firm to come back and fix the work but have them pay for someone else to do it properly.

Time is always an issue in these cases check it out quickly.

Liz Karns
Tree & Garden Lawyer

Posts: 2 | Location: Evanston IL | Registered: Monday September 19, 2005Report This Post